HappyHips

Teenage and Young adult Hip Dysplasia and Impingement.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Advice please

teanna

hi, i am 14, and 2years ago i was electrocuted while i was on holiday in egypt, my hip was fractured. I have had lots of opperations, and i am now waiting a hip relacment. i am very scared, but i know in the long run it will be worth it, not being on crutches any more

November 23, 2013 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lizzie Anderson
Oh Teanna I'm so sorry you're having to go through this!! I'm 25 and had a hip replacement just under 3 weeks ago. Before that though I had 5 other operations and had been in pain since I was 11. I was on crutches on and off (mainly on) throughout those years so totally get the want and need to get off those horrible things!! I can tell you that since I had the op, I have felt none of my old pain and am hopeful that this will put an end to my problems on my left side at least!! It is all very scary and I can't even comprehend going through it all at 14, but you are and you are obviously incredibly strong and will get through it and come out the other side! Once you've rehabbed you'll be able to throw away those crutches and do normal stuff!! Make a list of all the things you want to do when this is all over and refer back to it when you get scared. It WILL be worth it and you are an amazing young lady who will get through this! Do you have any idea when the op will be? Keep strong, you CAN do this and we'll be here for you when you need us! Xx
November 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hp
Site Owner

Well Said Lizzie. Teanna, as you already know i had my THR when i was 17, however you are still even younger. How are you coping at school etc?

--

Founder of HappyHips:)

November 29, 2013 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

teanna

hi everything is ok at school Hannah, as they have a lift for me, my next appointment is in jan and we will then get the dates for my op.

thanks lizzie for your kind words! im glad to hear that the op has worked for you, i will keep everybody updated.

could you both please inform me of where and which hospital you has your ops at?

thanks xx

November 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hp
Site Owner

Hi Teanna, apologies for late reply it's been mental since London. haha. I was at BMI Alexandra hospital in Cheshire

--

Founder of HappyHips:)

December 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rozey

Hi Teanna,

Like Lizzie I was in pain from about the age of 11 and on and off (again mainly on) crutches for 5 years. I had my THR at the age of 16, I am now 17, at the London Clinic.  In the past year my life has changed so much, I am no longer in pain at all. Although it is scary, it is completely worth it and once its done you will never look back. The best advice I can give you is to make sure you communicate with your school, so when you return to school after your op it can be as easy as possible, and know that you are not alone in what you are going through and just to keep strong. I am happy to answer any questions and help as much as possible :) We are all here for you when you need us! Rozey xxx

December 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

teanna

hp at December 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hi Teanna, apologies for late reply it's been mental since London. haha. I was at BMI Alexandra hospital in Cheshire

hi rosie, which clinic did you go to in London? Mum says thanks for your support.

December 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rozey

Hi Teanna,

It was just called the London Clinic

Rozey xx

January 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.