HappyHips

Teenage and Young adult Hip Dysplasia and Impingement.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > hii!

nada

hi my name is nada and im 14 years old. i am having a PAO surgery and im really scared! ive had hip dysplasia since i was 2 years old. my parents think they understand but really they dont and it irritates me. im really in need for someone to help me. anyways thanks byee!~ xoxo

nada

December 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruqayyah

Hi Nada, I have had PAO surgery about 6 years ago now. What did you want to know?
xxx

--

Line Manager at HappyHips :) x

December 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nada

i wanted to know how much pain i would be in, how scary is it, and how fast can i get back into sports? thanks ~

nada

December 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruqayyah

Hi Nada,
I'm going to be honest it hurt a lot!! I had an epidural in and PCA when I had my surgery for more than a week. Talk to your surgeon about how quickly you can get back to sports as I can't really remember and it's always slightly for different people as everyones body reacts differently and depends how long sporty you were previously etc.
Ruqayyah x

--

Line Manager at HappyHips :) x

December 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan
Hi Nada. My name is Morgan, im 18 and I had my second PAO a couple of months ago. I know what you mean about your parents. Know one knows what it feels like until they have had it themselves. You just gotta remember that they will be there to support you through your surgery and im dure they have had hardships in their live to. I totally agree and I wont say it doesn't hurt because it does. Im not saying that to try and scare you but just so you aee mentally prepared for what will happen. I too had an epidural both times and a pump. They definitely help but only if you use them effectivly. I was a but concerned about using it for my first surgery but it was a lot better when I utilised it for my second. I got diagnosed coming up two years ago. I pretty much stopped playing my sports as I didn't want to risk injury and I was in a lot of pain as well. I had my first PAO in September 2012 and my second in July 2013. I sm still only allowed to walk and cycle until january and after that I may be able to begin light exercise again. I talked toy surgeon and he said it can take up to a year to get back and my physio told me two years. Hope some of that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Morgan :-)
December 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.