HappyHips

Teenage and Young adult Hip Dysplasia and Impingement.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > My story/ anyone's advice on hip surgery?

Rachel

Hi my name is Rachel! I had Hip Dysplasia when I was an infant and was in a pavloc harness. Recently I have been getting pain in my left hip and went to get it checked out. I found out my Hip Dysplasia is still a problem and now I need surgery. I was shocked because I dance and I just thought I was pushing myself too hard. I am curious if anyone has had this surgery and could tell me about it and the revovery.

February 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lauren Andrews.x
I was born with hip dysplasia and was in traction/harness when I was little. I have now had multiple hip operations from a young age. For a long time I did dancing, netball and athletics then I had to stop due to the pain, I then had an operation which they had to put a metal plate and screws in my hip and brake my femur ( not sure if this is what your having) I was only 10 and remember being in hospital a week and on crutches for several weeks but I do not regret having it done because I was out of pain for a couple of years. The recovery time was very quick.x
February 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan

Hi Rachel,

Just a question... do you know what surgery they are looking at? PAO?

Morgan :)

February 15, 2014 at 5:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rachel
Morgan- I am not completely sure. I know it is not a total hip replacement and they are just kind of re-shaping my hip. Lauren- sorry it has taken me so long to reply back! I am glad to hear the surgery recovery goes by quick and that the pain will go away!
February 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan

I'm guessing it's probably a PAO then. Has the surgeon explained the surgery to you yet?

February 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.